ArgMine: A Framework for Argumentation Mining
Gil Rocha, Henrique Lopes Cardoso and Jorge Teixeira
Question Answering Based on Distributional Semantics
NEPAL: A Tool for Never-Ending Paraphrase Learning
Paulo César Polastri, Helena De Medeiros Caseli and Eloize Rossi Marques Seno
BooViews: Aspect-based Sentiment Analysis on Product Reviews combining SVM and CRF in Portuguese
Guilherme Nobre, Alan Justino, Fernando Tadao, Danilo Nunes, Daniel Takabayashi and Rayssa Küllian
A simple but potentially powerful approach for multilingual parsing
Pablo Botton Da Costa, Helena de Medeiros Caseli and Fabio Natanael Kepler
Call For Papers – PROPOR 2016 Student Research Workshop
13 July 2016
Deadline for Submissions:
April 1, 2016 April 15, 2016 (11:59pm GMT -12) – EXTENDED DEADLINE
Call for Papers:
The Student Research Workshop (SRW) is held in conjunction with PROPOR 2016. The Workshop is designed to provide a venue for student researchers in Computational Linguistics and Natural Language Processing to present their work. Students will receive feedback from an experienced researcher in the field. The SRW invites two types of submissions:
- Research Papers – completed work or works-in-progress along with preliminary results. We encourage submissions from masters students and advanced undergraduates in addition to from Ph.D. students.
- Thesis Proposal – for advanced students who have decided on a thesis topic and are interested in feedback about their proposal and ideas about future directions for their work.
Submission Criteria and Procedure:
• The document must focus on some aspect of written and spoken Portuguese processing and related issues. In general, any topic that falls within the scope of PROPOR call for papers (http://propor2016.di.fc.ul.pt/) is appropriate.
• The document should reflect the work produced by a student (Undergraduate, Masters or Ph.D.). The list of authors are not limited to students, but the first author must be a student.
• Documents must be submitted in English.
• Documents must be submitted in PDF format, following the same style of PROPOR 2016. Submissions are limited to 5 pages + 1 for references only, including all figures, tables, and should begin with an abstract of 250 words or less.
• Submission deadline is April 15, 2016 (extended). Entries must be submitted electronically (no hard copy submissions will be accepted) via the following link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=proporsrw16
• Notifications to authors will be sent on May 11, 2016.
• Accepted entrants must prepare an A0 poster (portrait format) to be presented at a special session.
April 1, 2016April 15, 2016 – Extended Submission deadline May 3, 2016May 11, 2016 – Notification to authors May 30, 2016June 4, 2016- Deadline for camera-ready
Pedro Balage (Priberam / Univ. São Paulo), co-chair
Fernando Batista (ISCTE-IUL, Portugal), co-chair
Aline Villavicencio (UFRGS, Brazil)
Amália Mendes (Univ Lisboa, Portugal)
Ariani Di Felippo (UFSCAR, Brazil)
Fabio Kepler (UNIPAMPA, Brazil)
Fernando Perdigão (Univ Coimbra, Portugal)
Helena Caseli (UFSCAR, Brazil)
Helena Moniz (INESC-ID, Portugal)
Isabel Trancoso (Univ Lisboa, Portugal)
Leonardo Zilio (UFRGS, Brazil)
Jorge Baptista (Univ Algarve, Portugal)
José G. C. de Souza (Univ Trento, Italy)
Maria das Graças Volpe Nunes (USP-SC, Brazil)
Rodrigo Wilkens (UFRGS, Brazil)
For any inquiries regarding the workshop please send an email to