Call for Tutorials
PROPOR 2016 seeks proposals for tutorials on any topic of language and speech processing including but not limited to the topics of the conference as indicated in the call for papers. Especially encouraged are tutorials focusing on Portuguese language processing.
Proposals for tutorials should contain:
- A title and brief description of the tutorial content and its relevance to the PROPOR community (not more than 2 pages).
- A brief outline of the tutorial structure showing that the tutorial’s core content can be covered in a two- or three-hour slot (including a coffee break).
- The names, affiliations, email addresses and websites of the tutorial instructors, including a one-paragraph statement of their research interests and areas of expertise.
- A list of previous venues and approximate audience sizes, if the same or a similar tutorial has been given elsewhere.
- A description of special requirements for technical equipment (e.g., Internet access).
Submission will be done via email to email@example.com. The submission deadline is February 1, 2016.
Tutorial Speaker Responsibilities
Accepted tutorial speakers will be notified by March 1, 2016 and must then provide an abstract of their tutorials for inclusion in the conference registration material by April 30, 2016. The description should be in ASCII version that can be included in email announcements and published on the conference website. Tutorial speakers must provide tutorial materials, at least containing copies of the course slides as well as a bibliography for the material covered in the tutorial, by June 15, 2016.
Accepted tutorial speakers will have their travel and accommodation expenses for the tutorial days covered by PROPOR.
- Submission deadline for tutorial proposals: February 1, 2016
- Notification of acceptance: March 1, 2016
- Tutorial descriptions due: April 30, 2016
- Tutorial course material due: June 15, 2016
- Expected Tutorial date: July 13, 2016
All deadlines are calculated at 11:59pm (UTC/GMT −11 hours)
- Lucia Specia – University of Sheffield
- Fernando Perdigão – Universidade de Coimbra
- Margarita Correia – Universidade de Lisboa
- Please send inquiries concerning tutorials to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.