Call for papers:
We cordially invite anyone researching in any topic of language and speech processing of Portuguese to submit a paper to PROPOR2016. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• any applied task (e.g. speech recognition, word sense disambiguation, dialect identification, etc.),
• application (e.g. question answering, subtitling, summarization, etc.),
• basic issue (e.g. parsing, evaluation, etc.),
• subdomain (e.g. phonology, semantics, dialogue, etc.),
• type of resource (e.g. corpora, ontologies, grammars, etc.),
• linguistic phenomenon (e.g. prosody, anaphora, modality, etc.),
• in any area benefiting from language and speech processing of Portuguese (e.g. information retrieval, e-learning, e-humanities, etc.),
• under any methodological perspective (e.g. hybrid, symbolic, machine learning, etc.),
• from the industry or
• from any contributing academic discipline, including but not limited to Computation, Artificial Intelligence, Engineering, Linguistics or Cognitive Science.
We seek to select papers reporting substantial, original and completed work, especially those that may contribute in a significant way to the advancement of the area. Wherever appropriate, concrete evaluation results should be included. Submissions can be in the format of long or short papers , where a short paper is more suitable for a small, focused contribution, work in progress, a negative result, an interesting application nugget, etc. Submissions are anonymized and will be evaluated by at least three reviewers.
For submissions that have been or will be submitted to other meetings or publications, this information must be provided at submission time. If a submission is accepted, authors must notify the program chairs indicating which meeting they choose for presentation of their work. Papers that will be (or have been) published elsewhere, cannot be accept for publication or presentation.
The proceedings of PROPOR2016 will be published at Springer as a volume of the Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence Series. They will be available online, and the paper version will be distributed among participants of the conference. All accepted papers must be presented at the conference to appear in the proceedings. At least one author of each accepted paper must register for PROPOR2016 by the early registration deadline.