Call for workshops:
The PROPOR 2016 Organizing Committee invites proposals for workshops to be held in conjunction with the conference, which will take place in July 13-15, 2016, Tomar, Portugal. We solicit proposals on any topic of interest to the relevant community, not necessarily limited to the Portuguese language.
The goal of the workshops is to provide a forum for researchers to discuss more focused research questions and challenges in a very interactive atmosphere.
The organizers of approved workshops will announce the workshop and call for papers, manage submissions, conduct the reviewing process and decide upon the final workshop program. They will prepare the workshop proceedings to be distributed at the conference.
- October 16, 2015: Workshop proposals due (extended deadline)
- October 21: Notification of decision (delayed for October 23)
- October 27: Workshop web pages available and linked to the main site.
- Workshop CFP published.
- July 12 or 16, 2016: Workshops at PROPOR 2016
Proposals should be submitted via e-mail to Pablo Gamallo, the PROPOR Co-located Workshops Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Workshop proposals should contain sufficient information for the reviewers to evaluate them, and should be no more than three pages in length. When proposing a workshop, please provide at least the following information:
- Description of the workshop: title, abstract, objectives, relevance, target audience, preferred date (before or after the PROPOR conference), and expected outcome.
- Duration of the workshop (full day or half day).
- List of core organization committee, including its chairperson(s).
- list of core committed program committee members (it can be adjusted after approval).
- Preliminary list of invited speakers (if any).
- How/where the proceedings are going to be published Indication of a contact person.
- Contact information (address, email and phone) for all organizers.
The workshop organizers are responsible for:
- Writing and distributing a call-for-papers, call-for-participation and any other relevant advertising.
- The call should clearly describe the review and selection process.
- The call should make it clear that at least one author of each paper must register for it to be published in the proceedings (registration of participants in workshops will be taken care of by the PROPOR conference).
- Editing the workshop web site with all the relevant information pertaining to the workshop (url addresses and blank web site templates will be ensured by the PROPOR conference).
- Reviewing and selecting the papers submitted.
- Scheduling the presentations within the workshop.
- Securing any source of funding / sponsorship deemed necessary for their invited speakers, if any (PROPOR registration fees will be waived for the members of the organizing committees of the workshops).
- Preparing proceedings in time for them to be available by the event (in paper and/or electronic form).
Co-located Workshops committee:
Pablo Gamallo (Univ Santiago Compostela, Galiza, Spain), chairperson
Maria das Graças Volpe Nunes (USP-SC, Brazil)
Amália Mendes (Univ Lisboa, Portugal)
Renata Vieira (PUC-RS, Brazil)
José Ramom Pichel (Imaxin|Software, Galiza, Spain)
Alberto Simões (Univ Minho, Portugal)
Please contact Pablo Gamallo, the PROPOR Co-located Workshops Chair (email@example.com).